When it comes to purchasing a VoIP phone system for your business, the last thing that you want to do is “roll the dice” or “hope for the best.” You want to KNOW that your investment and experience will be rewarding instead of regrettable. To ensure this happens, we have prepared the following business VoIP buyer’s guide, which covers four stages in the process: Discover, Evaluate, Demonstrate, and Select.
Business VoIP Buyer’s Guide Stage 1: Discover
Basically, there are three different types of VoIP vendors in the marketplace: “Do-it-Yourself” Mass Market Firms, Carrier Service Providers, and Dedicated Solution Providers.
- “Do-it-Yourself” Mass Market VoIP Firms essentially care about one thing: selling as much hardware as possible. Quality assurance and customer support are not priorities — especially after the sale is made.
- Carrier Service Providers are traditional phone companies. Their focus is on selling long-distance minutes and supporting their traditional phone service lines. VoIP is not a priority.
- Dedicated Solutions Providers are VoIP phone service specialists. They have deep, proven expertise helping organizations choose the optimal system for their current and future needs. They also provide comprehensive support and service long after implementation.
It goes without saying (but a reminder never hurts!) that you absolutely want to get your VoIP phone system from a Dedicated Solutions Provider.
Business VoIP Buyer’s Guide Stage 2: Evaluate
The next stage is when you evaluate each vendor on your shortlist. Here are key questions to ask:
- Do you specialize in installing and supporting hosted VoIP phone systems?
- Do you offer comprehensive post-sales support?
- Have you been doing this for several years?
- What do your customers say about you?
- Will you visit us on-site?
- What costs are involved?
- What features are available?
- How will you support our remote, hybrid, or mobile workforce?
- What is the post-sales experience like?
- How do you ensure security?
Business VoIP Buyer’s Guide Stage 3: Demonstrate
Next, you want to schedule a demonstration with the vendors who are still on your shortlist after Stage 2. Keep the following in mind:
- The demo should be free with no strings attached.
- The demo should be offered to you on-site at your location, or over the web if you prefer.
- During the demo, you should have ample opportunity to ask questions. Remember: there is no such thing as a bad question! You should feel empowered — not intimidated.
Business VoIP Buyer’s Guide Stage 4: Select
The last stage is where you will select a vendor. This vendor should check ALL of the following boxes:
- They are a Dedicated Solutions Provider that specializes in installing and supporting hosted VoIP phone systems.
- They offer comprehensive post-sales support delivered by a team of in-house experts.
- They have been in business for many years and have a proven track record of success.
- They have a long list of satisfied customers.
- They have provided you with an impressive and educational demo.
- They have been transparent with all costs and shown you how their system will help your business save money.
- Their system offers a full range of enterprise-grade calling features (e.g. Auto Attendant, voicemail-to-email, and many others).
- Their system is scaleable and supports total mobility.
- They have comprehensive security policies and technologies in place.
Once you are satisfied with ALL of the above, then you’re ready to start a partnership and make a smart, safe and strategic investment that drives your business forward!
We hope that you find this business VoIP buyer’s guide practical and valuable.
Carolina Digital Phone is proud to be one of the country’s most experienced VoIP phone system Dedicated Solutions Providers. Our all-in-one solution is trusted and recommended by businesses, hospitals, schools, and government agencies. Schedule your free consultation and demo. We can connect with you at your location, or over the web. Call us now at (336) 544-4000.